Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 3 Predawn in a Boston Apartment

I am sitting in the apartment of a complete stranger, I wouldn't even know this guy's name if it wasn't for the note he left on the counter outlining the idiosyncrasies of his dwelling space. He is the boyfriend of a lady that knows my Lady from her Facebook page "Brain Tumor Warriors". In what is perhaps the most stunning act of humanity I have ever experienced, these two exceptional humans sent us a key to this apartment, and basically gave it to us for as long as we might need it during our stay in Boston. As I sit here watching the sun come up over a Boston hillside, not even a 5 minute drive from the hospital, I am stunned to tears at this magnificent display of compassion. It would be a complete exercise in futility to attempt to encode in simple words the depth of our appreciation for this act, or the profound respect for such a display of human kinsmen-ship.

I had more to write about this but, I was in for a big surprise when I got to Lisa's room, there seems to be some talk of releasing her today.

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree, that yes - this person who gave you use of their apartment is one in a million. What a kind and wonderful thing to do. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kev, I am again amazed at how you both are being taken care of, it's no accident, or coincidence, you are in the palm of His hand, and I thank Him for answering my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the all updates Kevin.Lisa is doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete